A Travellerspoint blog

More Travels

Trying to plan with life getting in the way

In the middle of our last trip, we started planning 2 additional trips. Plans have been discussed off and on, but now the trip for next week must be decided upon.

We’d originally planned to leave and be away until the weather turned cooler. Now we must be back home on Sept 8 and additionally, I have a claim in S.F. that must be dealt with. Oh, the many twisty paths called life!

1.About Aug 19th, Dale and I will leave for a couple of weeks, but unfortunately we must be back for Sept 8 for an appt.

On this trip, we will go to the coast and visit a California mission where I’ll shoot photos. We were at this mission years ago and now is a perfect time to go back.

From the mission, we will now add a stop in San Francisco to deal with a claim that needs attention. But, we also now have an excuse to play in the city.

After S.F., we will go up to the wine country for a couple of “wine pick-up” parties over the weekend. Hopefully, I can convince Armida to let me have a case of Poison at their sale price. We love Poison and are glad to pick it up when we can.

We’d planned to go from the wine country over to the east side of the Sierra’s where we would go on a 3-day backpack. Well, this will likely have a small delay as we now may need to go on a quick trip to Vancouver.

If we need to go to Vancouver then we will come back down to the east side of the Sierras and pick up the backpack trips that we’d planned. We will plan to meet Justin and his sons on Sept 4 to go on another 3-day backpack trip.

2. After Sept 8 we will leave again for an undetermined amount of time. This time we will drive on “the loneliest road in America” and take the road to Great Basin. From Great Basin, we will drive to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. After the Grand Canyon, we will go to Hovenweep then to Taos. On this trip, we will carry all of the work equipment so that we can go to work instead of continuing our vacation if need be.

3. We are also starting to plan our summer of 2016, however, we have new possibilities so we might not be able to live abroad. Don’t worry, those of you who were tentatively making plans to join us. If we need to change our plans it will be somewhere you want to travel to.

Posted by Miss Chris 23:46 Archived in USA Tagged nature travel wine rv

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

Comments on this blog entry are now closed to non-Travellerspoint members. You can still leave a comment if you are a member of Travellerspoint.